Friday, January 6, 2017

Fairy Garden In A Houseplant

I wish I had taken photos during the process of this craft.  It turned out TOTES ADORBS, you guys!

My first craft of 2017:  Fairy Garden Houseplant



Supplies:
1 large established dragon grass plant, in a large pot
Butterfly "stepping stones" (got these at Michaels)
Bag of river stones (also at Michaels)
Small bird house (thanks again, Michaels)
Paint
Modge Podge
Pretty bead
Sticks from the yard
Cute wooden mushroom
Butterflies on wire (found in floral department of, again, Michaels)

I free hand painted the door on the birdhouse back.  After it dried, I slathered about 1/4 - 1/2 inch of modge podge all over one side of the bird house, then started placing river stones in the modge podge.  After the side dried, I repeated the same on all other sides.  Then I did the same on the roof, but instead of using rocks, I cut segments of sticks and modge podged them on the top.  Make sure you select super straight sticks so they fit together well.

Then I glued a bead on the door as a handle.

Once everything on the house cured for 3 days, I placed the house in the potted plant, arranged the mushroom, the butterfly stepping stones, and the wired butterflies.  Then I covered the soil with river stones.

I presented this to my step-daughter, and she had a tiny out of body experience.  I kid you not.


Love,
JJ

#CraftWithIntention

No comments:

Post a Comment